Laser processing of metals
Laser machining usually generates extremely fine dusts and fumes during cutting and welding processes. The emissions can cause health hazards to the users, but also contaminate and damage the machine, the aggregates as well as the processed material. Furthermore, the generated dusts can even be highly combustible and/or sticky. The Herding COMP options package offers the optimal system configuration with regard to process and safety requirements.
Pure surface filtration with the patented Herding® Sinter-Plate Filter has proved itself best in processing of metals and plastics. Due to its sintered rigid body made of polyethylene the Herding® Sinter-Plate Filter shows highest resistance against mechanical stress. Wear-intensive flexing, characteristic of conventional filter media, is eliminated. Consequently, the Herding® Sinter-Plate Filter is not subject to filtration-related wear and even resistant against abrasive dusts.
- Pure surface filtration with the Herding® Sinter-Plate Filter
- Constant operational conditions and extraction volume flows
- Low maintenance costs due to rigid filter body
- No flexing work and thus no filtration wear caused
- Small footprint by a compact and customer-specific filter system design
- Highest availability and fast amortization
- Extremely low clean gas values < 0.1 mg/Am3
- Herding® Filtertechnik as engineering partner and problem solver
The Herding MULTICOATER 55/1 and the Herding MULTICOATER 250/1-4 are pneumatically driven metering systems for the quantity-controlled addition of additives to the filtration process. Sticky particles irreversibly block up the filter medium. Flammable dusts increase the risk of fire in the de-dusting unit. The dosed addition of suitable additives to the filtration process reduces the risk of filter medium blockages as well as the com-bustive nature of dusts. Usually the filtration support substance is a pre-coat material, which is in use to protect the filter elements. Due to their adsorp-tive and dispersive nature the materials support the removal of fluid and gas forms in the exhaust fumes or raw gas.
- Increased process safety
- Reduction of fire risk
- Long lifetime of the filter elements
- Mobile on rollers
- Simple installation
- Dust free filling